Terms and Conditions
A printed copy is available upon request
A quotation is open for acceptance within 28 days from the date issued.
- Working Hours – The Customer shall give facilities for access within our Company’s usual working hours (8am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday) and in the event of overtime being incurred an extra amount will be charged to cover the cost.
- Whilst every care will be taken by the Company we accept no responsibility for making good to plasterwork, decorations, floorings and coverings, or for any damage consequent upon the proper execution of the work specified unless previously agreed.
- Indemnity – The Company accept no responsibility in any delays in the execution of the work or damage or inconvenience caused due to labour disputes, fire, accidents, non-delivery of materials, shortage of materials, or any other causes beyond the Company’s control. Works carried out on water pipe work, electrical installations or other services and fabrications are based on the assumption that these items are in satisfactory condition with good integrity. No responsibility is accepted by the Company of defects arising with degraded items after proper execution of our works.
- Licences – Any licence, permit, or other authority to work shall be obtained by the Customer. This shall apply also to any requests for the supply authorities to alter their service arrangements.
- Guarantee – The Company guarantee all cables and conduits supplied and fixed under the overleaf works for a period of 12 months from the date of installation and undertake to repair, free of cost, any defects which are found to be due to faulty installation workmanship within that period. For all other goods supplied by the Company, the Company will use its reasonable endeavours to assign the benefit of any warranty or guarantee it receives from its supplier to the customer.
The guarantee does not cover defects due to fair wear and tear, the replacement of lamps and fuses, or any causes beyond the control of the Company.
Any repairs, alterations or additions carried out to any part of the installation or apparatus by any person other than an agent of the Company makes the guarantee null and void.
The company does not accept any liability for defective materials where the defect is due to the manufacturers or supplier. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Company shall not be liable for any business interruption, loss of production, loss of profit, contracts, goodwill or anticipated savings, loss arising from any third party claims or any special, indirect or consequential loss (whether or not foreseeable) in respect of defects in the nature of or the quality of any Goods supplied by the Company whether or not caused by the negligence of the Company , its employees or agents. Where goods/apparatus are faulty and replaced under a manufacturers warranty a labour charge for this replacement shall still apply.
- Terms of Payment – Payment shall become due on demand and is required within 30 days of our invoice date, unless different terms are agreed/specified overleaf. It shall be the duty of the person authorizing works to ensure these terms are met and unless otherwise agreed, it shall be the responsibility of this same person to settle any account by way of payment. If the person authorizing works does not accept responsibility for payment then our Company must be notified of such in writing prior to commencement of works. It shall be agreed that upon the date of instruction of works the customer shall set aside the sum of money in order to pay for these works in full upon demand. It shall be agreed that this sum of money whilst being held by the customer does not form part of its trading currency and shall be owed to G. P. Mason Electrical Limited and given up to G. P. Mason Electrical Ltd. Upon demand or before insolvency. Legal action may be taken for non-payment after this specified 30 day period from invoice date and any monies owing shall attract a monthly interest levy of 5% to be added on day 31 and then again at each 30 day interval thereafter. Invoices are strictly net and if an estimate is given the invoice will be adjusted to meet any price variations in labour or materials occurring after the date of quotation / estimate. VAT shall be added to all quoted prices. In the event of the Customer withholding payment, the Company shall have the right to stop all work forthwith and the expense incurred by such stoppage and the subsequent resumption of the work shall be paid by the Customer as an extra to any quoted price. The non-completion of the building as a whole or of the work or any other trade shall not affect or delay any payment due or stage payment if applied for. It shall be agreed that stage payment invoices shall be acceptable for any works greater than four cumulative weeks or if a lay off from the job of 2 weeks or more is required.
- Extra Cost – In the event of suspension of work by the Customer or lack of instructions or delay on site, caused by matters beyond the control of the Company, the quoted price shall be increased to cover any extra expense thereby incurred. If overtime is worked, or alterations are made at the request of the Customer, the extra cost incurred including a reasonable addition, to be agreed beforehand, for administration expenses and overhead charges will be met by the Customer. Installations requiring the removal of chipboard, hardboard and solid infill over or between joists will be charged extra.
- Variations – Positions of lighting points, switches, plant, etc., are to be determined before work is commenced or sufficient instruction in writing given from time to time so as not to impede the progress of the work. Failure to do so will leave us to use our best judgement of which an extra charge may be made should you wish to reposition after installation. Any alterations may be made, provided the original cost is not thereby increased.
- Consequential Loss or Damage – The Company shall not be responsible for any consequential loss or damage arising out of the performance of the contract.
- Title to Goods – The Company and the buyer expressly agree that until the Company has been paid in full for goods and service supplied. The goods remain the property of the Company although the risk therein passes to the Customer at the point when delivery is made. Damage, loss or theft of goods, following delivery onto site is at the liability of the Customer. The Company may recover those goods at any time from the Customer, in his possession if the Company judges that the amount outstanding from the Customer on the general statement of account between the parties is in excess of the credit limit the Company is willing to accord to the Customer; and for that purpose the Company servants and agents may enter upon any land or building upon which the goods are situated. If these goods are incorporated into other products or materials then the property in these other products is upon such incorporation or use transferred to the Company.
- Damage of Data & Good – It shall be the responsibility of any persons authorising works to protect any data equipment or goods which may become damaged due to power loss. Whilst every care shall be taken our Company can accept no liability for data loss and or goods, for this purpose it should be assumed that power loss may occur whilst we are working upon an electrical installation. It shall be the duty of the Customer or representative to ensure loss of Power to critical equipment is re-established or notified to us before we leave site.
- Asbestos – Every operative from this Company that attends site must be made aware of the location of any asbestos related products. If we are not informed before commencing works then the liability of any damages caused by asbestos disturbance shall be at the expense of the customer. If a suspected asbestos material is uncovered then any expense incurred in stoppage of works or laboratory testing shall be recoverable as an additional expense from the customer.